Grenada National Training Agency (GNTA)
The National Training Agency (NTA) is based in Grenada. Its mission is to ‘enhance the employability of Grenada’s workforce’. The NTA provides CVQ and NVQ certification to candidates from Approved Training Centres. The New Life Organization (NEWLO) is an approved Training Centre that undertakes training in NVQ/CVQ.
The CVQ Certification Process At Newlo
- Each Department approved to deliver NVQ/CVQ will follow the NTA’s approved occupational standards for instructions.
- NEWLO will inform the NTA at the start of the training so that proper and timely arrangements will be made for Assessors and Verifiers.
- Trainees who complete all the CVQ/NCQ requirements will be assessed following the NTA’s procedures.
- The NTA will issue CVQ/NVQ certificates of successful candidates to NEWLO from where they are distributed to the candidates.
CVQ/NVQ Assessment Procedure
NEWLO works very closely with the NTA to provide our Trainees with nationally and regionally recognized certification/qualification which they need to be competent in the world of work.
- After the completion of the Life Skills component of the training at ADP, the Trainees are placed in the NVQ/CVQ Departments.
- Trainees are prepared both theoretically and practically based on the NTA approved Occupational Standards at a level that is commensurate with the abilities of the Trainees and the qualification of the Instructors.
- A request for Assessment is made by the Executive Director to the Quality Assurance Officer of the NTA at least two weeks before the proposed assessment date.
- Trainees are registered with the NTA using the NTA certification registration form.
- Assessors are contracted according to the prescribed requirements.
- Assessment is conducted and where possible feedback is given to the candidates at once.
- Completed assessment documents and supporting evidence are returned to the NEWLO Internal Verifier who will check for accuracy, prepare documents and forward assessment documents and supporting evidence to the NTA’s Quality Assurance Officer.
- After the NTA’s external verification processes and approval, the NTA send the NVQ/CVQ certificates to NEWLO.
- Candidates will collect their certificates from Skills Coordinator at NEWLO.